Saturday, January 13, 2007

My Grandfather… May his soul rest in peace..

I ve known my granddad since my young days.. I was never born with a silver spoon in my mouth.. my grand father had Eight Children, 3 of them died on birth excluding them he has 5 sons and 1 daughter… well most of abt him which I came to know was from what my father told me, it seems he used to rule the house with an iron fist, made sure that all his children listened to him and he made sure no matter what no one in the house slept hungry, in his younger days he was known for his valor.. he would stand on wat ever he believed was the truth and hence gained the respect of all those around him..

Well now from my experience.. I was a naughty guy in my early days.. well he used to pamper me a lot..my dad was in the gulf working.. so I was wid him during my younger days.. he used to take me on long.. rides on his cycles.. and on the way back he would stop at the bakers.. place and buy me stuff.. tat I liked.. It was nice.. bein wid him.. once my mom .. got really angry @ me for .. something.. wrong which I had done.. he told my mom not to beat me and explain to me right and wrong.. well I thought he was on my side.. and was on a roller coaster ride of child hood pranks.. once I did something so wrong.. and wen I saw him go for a stick to get me .. I ran thinking he would never catch me.. boy he ran through the paddy.. and got me.. and gave me real good spankings with the stick.. he then pampered me the whole night.. he used to love me more than I could imagine.. after I left to dubai.. he used to always look forward for those short vacations which we got to be together.. I used to always astonish.. @ the way he tackles people and provides for solution for those around him..

Well as time got through.. he got old.. he fell sick.. but trust me he would never let the sickness rule him.. his prayer life was his success.. he would never lie stil for a long time.. well he got some close calls.. but he would make it out all the time.. I met him wen he was serious so many time before.. but his smile and the way he talked to us.. would make us feel tat he would make it out without any problem.. not this time though.. I came and met him he was in the hospital.. had the chance to be wid him and take care of him.. and give him all tat he wants.. we brought him home yesterday.. well today morning.. his condition became real bad.. well he was surrounded.. by all his children and grand children.. and all his neighbors.. he slept peacefully into his rest @ 10:30 am.. well the lose that he has created can never be filled.. but I know for sure one thing.. I would love to attain an end like his.. a end with so much hope and peace..

Well he has set an exemplary way for us to follow and I hope that I too can follow in his steps… His funeral will take place.. on Monday.. I will not be there to take place in it.. but.. I am sure.. it will be a blessed service.. and I am sure his soul is with father resting in his eternal peace..

Love u granddad ……. Ur the best and there will be none like u.. to fill that empty space u leave in our hearts… I know for sure one day I will meet u on that shore of grace… I am gonna miss u .. and I know u will be watching me from up there………….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well written...can really feel what u have gone thru...
I like the way you take the reader..from one phase of life of ur granddad to the next...frankly u made me nostalgic too...
Ur granddad just need the prayer and love from a grandson like u and surely his soul will rest in peace!