Monday, March 14, 2011

An open letter to MS Dhoni

Dear Dhoni,

I have always a been a fan of yours from the days you had long hair to the now days when you are the captain of the Indian cricket team. I have always enjoyed watching you lead this team to series wins; T 20 championship and No Uno Test team in the world.

I am now concerned with your approach to this World Cup 2011. My boss ex boss once told me.. when you sit in a chair for long you feel comfortable and you become complacent with your choices and decisions. For once you have with you resources (an almost good team) which can aid you in winning this cup. Spare a thought for us Fans; we cheer for you, we buy products that you endorse. We also watch your schmuck advertisements. We give you enough TRP's to earn over 300 corers an year in endorsement deals (an average Indian possbily wont earn that in a life time). We know that you are playing for the nation please do not forget the fact that we the fans make up the nation.

I humbly therefore request you let your ego go by.. choose the right combination; spare a thught for the players you have at your disposal ( I am totally hinting at Ashwin) and please stick to your winning batting combination (Yes I mean Virat Kohli coming at two down). Pathan is an awesome player let him play his best ( I refer to him and his pinch hitting in the death overs) at a position that best suits his type of playing. Yuvraj and you kind sir havent really stuck form (so try and play a good supporting role).

Zaheer is good but not great. Nehra is to good when the pitch plays in his favour (understand his limitations). Munaf I feel for him as does you (hey lets wait till world cup is over). Chawla yes he is good players ( do we want to experiment at this level) however he has had his chances and I do not know if he has delivered. Ashwin deserves a shot. Sreeshanth might just be the answer to your problems right about now.

What you have going in your favour is Sachin, Shewags and Gautis form; lets us not screw it up by putting excessive pressure on them to perform each time they are up. Our middle order needs to complement them. Our strength has always been our batting specially in the tracks that we play this world cup on. Let us continue doing what we are doing good now and it is kinda of working for you ( I mean the 7 batsmen thing).

I know and I am aware in a game of Cricket the better team playing on a day wins so I hope that my team no I mean let our team win. Be the Dhoni that we want you to be.

All the best against West Indies ( I mean Pollard in particular).
Play well and Win this cup for India & Sachin

Thank you for reading.

Regards
NT

6 comments:

scorpiogal said...

lovely post and well written. though i am not a evaluater of who is good or bad in cricket, i liked your expression style passionate

Unknown said...

wasnt Sreesanth CRITICIZED the other day for his dismal performence... i dont understand this DHONI-EGO thingy.. Does he have... if he has WITH WHOM then??? Did Dhoni select CHAWLA, NEHRA for world cup team? What are the cricket expert tema doing IF DHONI is the LONE to take decision. Dhoni shud be made the COACH (batting0bowling-fielding-fields). Is it SO MUCH fair to blame ONLY DHONI. where are the SELECTORS role. WHat abt the COACH or the SENIOR players. ..my OPINION for the SAmatch was I LOVED the way SA SILENCED the booing crowd..oh I loved the way SA shut up our ass..

Unknown said...

Can we deliver it to the hotel that they are staying in!

Unknown said...

Can we deliver it to the hotel that they are staying at!

Anonymous said...

Now only if we can get Dhoni to read it.

@persist2end

minima said...

Gr8 study of the team, and the most diplomatic opinion delivered with a punch..............well done, keep up the volleys till the team makes it to the cup!!!